Fitness can be best described as a state of physical and mental health and well-being. It can also be defined as your body’s capacity to work efficiently and effectively in all possible conditions. An exercise is a form of work out, which not only makes you healthy physically but also mentally. It relieves mental stress and exertion. It is a well-known fact and researched by scientists that exercise releases a chemical, also known as hormones like endorphins and serotonin, which helps people in subsiding pain and make them feel good. It is also known as the feel-good hormone. A good workout helps in inducing a good sleep after a hard day and help people get rid of depression and anxiety.
Exercise helps people in aging gracefully and in a healthy manner. Thus, we can say that exercise has a long term impact on your body and you will witness as you age gradually. At one point in time, you will thank yourself for engaging in exercise and workout as you will see its importance when it helps you in preventing you from diseases like osteoporosis, a condition that causes weakening of bones. Thus, we can say that exercise strengthens your bones and weight-bearing capacity.
Exercise and workout regimes help everyone in losing extra weight and results in the prevention of certain diseases related to obesity and hypertension. There are some more diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and which be prevented by regularly indulging in exercises.
Exercising helps in changing your lifestyle and see a better you in the future
You may even look better if you exercise as your excess weight will be gone, posture gets corrected, and you will look more confident. People who use are in a better position because they are physically and mentally healthy and has more flexibility and toned body and maintain a healthy weight, which keeps them fit and beautiful.
There are different forms of exercises like running, brisk walking, strength workouts, cardio, spin bike, aerobics, kickboxing, yoga, swimming, and many other types of practices general and custom made for people with different needs, that helps in keeping you fit and healthy.
There is one more form of exercise that is trending these days is Pilates.
Pilates is a type of exercise or physical workout system developed by Joseph Pilates in the early ’20s after the name of its founder. Pilates called his method “Contrology.”Contrology means complete coordination of mind, body, and spirit. This form of workout is practiced worldwide. Pilates is a form of workout that focuses on core strength, flexibility with graceful movements, and complete balanced development of the body.
Pilates is a form of exercise that lays more emphasis on toning and strengthening, posture, flexibility, building muscle strength, and balancing. It is a low impact form of workout that helps in improving general fitness and overall health of a person. Pilates is a safer form of exercise than any other strenuous activities as it has meager chances of any injury.
Pilates is a type of workout that connects both mind and body. It coordinates with your mind and body simultaneously and helps in relaxing along with toning and strengthening the body.
Who Can Do Pilates?
Pilates can be modified according to the people who do this form of exercise. It can be adjusted for beginners to provide gentle core strength type of workout, and the level of difficulty can be increased according to the capability of the candidate who exercises regularly. If a person is a beginner, he or she can always start with some primary forms of Pilates, and after some time, when you have increased strength, then you can work on advanced forms. Always begin your Pilates form in supervision with an instructor to avoid any injury.
Health Benefits of Pilates:
It is often enquired by people that what health benefits do this form of exercise provides. The best explanation to their doubts is that Pilates is a form of workout that focuses on core strength, posture, balancing, and flexibility.
- Posture – Pilates is that form of exercise that will guide you step by step to acquire and maintain proper body posture. It is an absolute necessity in Pilates that your body always remains in proper alignment. This form of exercise is extremely beneficial if you are suffering from lower body or back pain.
- Toning of Muscles–Toning of muscles can be defined as the continuous, static, and restricted contraction of the muscles, which helps in maintaining the body posture. Pilates helps in using those muscles that we do not use frequently. Initially, we may suffer from muscle soreness, but after some time, you will find your muscles more toned. This proves to be beneficial for people with a sedentary lifestyle and older people who suffer from muscle inactivity due to aging.
- Flat Abs- As we all know that Pilates is a form of workout that emphasizes strengthening and toning your core muscles, which does include abdominal muscles commonly known as abs. After doing Pilates, you will realize and witness that you have been rewarded with a flat belly. This, again, is a significant achievement for your body as a whole.
- Flexibility – We see that children have the most flexible body, and as grow big and age, we are prone to lose the flexibility of our body as compared to when we were young. Here Pilates comes to your rescue and tries to restore the elasticity of your body flexibility by gently and continuously flexing your body using different movements. You will be surprised and astonished to see the results in the form of a more flexible body.
- Improved Body Balance – Pilates is a form of workout that focusses on both body and mind. Pilates teaches the connection between body, mind, and soul. After going through this form of exercise, we know our collection in a more detailed way and become more aware of how our body moves and execute different movements and their performance level. Thus we can say that Pilates not only helps in improving body balance but also helps in physical as well as the mental stability of a person.
- Stress Buster – When we do any exercise, a chemical called endorphin and serotonin is released by our body. It is also called a feel first or happy hormone. While doing Pilates, you will be engaged and so engrossed that you will forget everything, and the release of serotonin will give you a feel-good factor, and you will be relieved from all the stress. Thus Pilates can be termed as a stress buster.
There is no question that Pilates is an excellent form of workout regime that has options of providing a pool of multiple health benefits. It is suitable for toning muscles, flexibility, strengthening of bones, body posture, and balancing. So you should try Pilates as it gives you a workout of body, mind, and soul. Pilates has a physical as well as a holistic approach towards the overall health of a person. To transform your body, mind, and life with Pilates.