Common diseases are widespread and recurring in nature. This is because they are medical ailments which are generally misdiagnosed, avoided or self-medicated. This is why the symptoms pertaining to common diseases should not be ignored for a long time. It is generally advised to visit a doctor at the earliest to get a proper evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment pertaining to the existing symptoms. Super specialty hospitals such as Nanavati Hospital Mumbai offer specialized medical assistance for all types of diseases and illnesses. Given below is a list of few commonly occurring ailments-
- Urinary Tract Infection- A urinary tract infection is caused by a bacterial infection in any specific location within the urinary system, which includes the bladder, ureters, kidneys and the urethra. This condition can cause a lot of irritation and discomfort to the patient. Females are at a higher risk of contracting the disease than males. The basic symptoms associated with this infection are-
- Persistent urge to urinate
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Pain and constant discomfort in the pelvic region
- Blood in the urine
- Frequent urination in small amounts at small intervals of time
A gynecologist must be consulted for ascertaining the appropriate course of treatment for a urinary tract disorder in females. Know the some important reason of bacterial infections.
- Bronchitis- It is an illness characterized by the inflammation in the bronchial tubes. It is of two major types namely chronic and acute. Acute bronchitis is very commonly occurring and easily treatable by taking a prescribed course of medication. Chronic bronchitis, on the other hand, is a more severe and recurring condition which is characterized by the constant irritation in the lungs caused mainly due to excessive smoking. The main symptoms associated with this illness are-
- A cough
- Production of excessive mucus
- Difficulty in breathing
- Major discomfort in the chest
- Cold hand and feet
- Shortness of breath
Patients are advised to visit a pulmonologist for assessment and treatment.
- Common Cold-
It is an infection in the upper respiratory tract characterized by a runny nose, cough, and sore throat and sneezing. The main determinants of a common cold may be various viral infections. It is a contagious illness and is a recurring condition in most parts of the world. Common cold may also lead to fever, body ache and severe headache.
A general physician can be consulted for getting a suitable cure for the common cold.
- Insomnia- Insomnia is a sleep disorder characterized by a feeling of constant unrest and difficulty in falling asleep. Some patients suffering from insomnia have difficulty to have a sound sleep and keep waking up in between. This condition is of 2 major types, it can be short term or long term depending on the factors contributing to the condition. The patients may typically find it difficult to fall asleep despite being tired, sleep for a small span of time, wake up very early or feel as if they haven’t slept throughout the night. The major causes behind a person developing an insomniac condition are-
- Being under too much stress
- Having mental unrest
- Consuming too much caffeine
- Working against the biological clock
- Traveling long duration or being jet lagged
A psychiatrist must be consulted for the assessment and treatment of insomnia.
- Bipolar Disorder-Bipolar disorder is a medical condition that affects the mental health of an individual causing extreme mood fluctuation between emotional highs (mania or hypomania) and lows (depression). Also referred to as manic depression, this condition is a lifelong illness. The exact cause of this condition has not been ascertained to date, but it is a well-known fact that various genetic and environmental factors contribute to the mental well-being of a person.
A psychiatrist must be consulted for assessment of the most appropriate course of treatment for managing bipolar disorder. Read how you can improve your mental clarity and focus.
The above- mentioned illnesses are most commonly occurring and need to be treated or managed carefully post consulting a doctor.