Some of you might be gluten free by choice, others by necessity. Whatever your reason, a gluten free diet can be incredibly healthy and improve your health and fitness. As Ghost Fitness say, You wouldn’t expect your car to run without petrol and regular maintenance.
Here are some of the best gluten free recipes you must know.
Gluten Free Recipe 1: Moroccan Lamb Burgers With Mint Yoghurt Sauce by The Healthy Maven
This is a very simple recipe that is packed with flavour and something you must share with your friends.
For The Burgers:
- 1 lb organic ground lamb
- 1 large yellow onion, finely minced (I pulse mine in the food processor several times)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 5 gluten-free hamburger buns (I like Udi’s)
For the Mint-Yogurt Sauce:
- Juice, 1/2 lemon
- 2 T fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- First make the mint yogurt sauce. Combine all the ingredients listed above and set aside to let the flavours meld.
- In a large bowl, combine all the burger ingredients, using your hands to mix until it’s well-combined.
- Press and roll the lamb meat into 5 patties.
- Heat up a grill over med-high heat (or alternatively you can cook in a pan or grill pan) and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Place each patty on a bun and top with a dollop of yogurt sauce and any additional toppings.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Gluten Free Recipe 2: Crispy Supreme Flatbread Quinoa Pizza Crust by Ambitious Kitchen
This gluten free recipe is perfect as an afternoon appetizer but you’ll soon find yourselves stuffed and fully satisfied.
- 3/4 cup of warm water (about 110-115 degrees F)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- For the toppings (based on how I made it)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 10 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- For garnishing: crushed red pepper flakes, basil, and parmesan
Note: to make this recipe suitable for vegetarians, remove the pepperoni toppings.
- First, toast the quinoa flour to remove the bitter taste. Then place it in a large pot over medium-low heat. Stir this every few minutes with a wooden spoon for about 10-15 minutes before removing to cool.
- While thequinoa flour is toasting, place 3/4 cup of warm water into a separate large bowl; stir in the yeast and honey. Let this stand until yeast begins to foam – this should take about 5 minutes. Add in the toasted quinoa flour, flaxseed meal, salt, garlic powder, oregano and thyme; stirring to foam a large dough ball.
- Once the mixture is fully combined, remove it from the bowl and place on a well-floured surface. Knead the dough for 5 minutes until it smooths out. Alternatively, you could use an electric mixing tool, using the hook attachment, to knead the dough.
- Next, coat a large bowl with olive oil and add the dough, flipping it once to coat with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, place it aside and wait for 30 minutes to an hour (a great property of olive oil is that it is a great inflammation guide).
- Now preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a large rectangle for about 14×7 inches (or whatever shape you want) on a well-floured surface. Place it onto apre-prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Spread pizza sauce over the dough, sprinkle on some onions, peppers and cheese then add olives, pepperoni and tomatoes on top. Bake for a further 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust turns golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and allow to cool for just a few minutes.
- Cut and enjoy.
Gluten Free Recipe 3: Too Easy Two-Ingredient Pancake by Get Healthy U
This is such an easy meal/treat that will put a smile on everyone’s face.
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- All-natural maple syrup
- Coconut whipped cream
- Dark chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Mash the banana into a mixing bowl and stir in the egg until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in any optional spices.
- Spray a frying pan with a natural non-stick spray or melt 1 tsp. coconut oil. Pour the mixture in on medium-low heat.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until they turn golden brown.
- Enjoy with your choice of toppings!
Gluten Free Recipe 4: Banana Bread Muffins by Get Healthy U
These are a moist, fluffy, and delicious snack that is packed with goodness! Here is how you make them:
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp melted extra virgin coconut oil to coat pan
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place a baking rack in the middle of the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients above into a small bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients (reserving the 1 tbsp coconut oil) into a larger, separate bowl. Then combine the dry ingredients to create a batter.
- Take the 1 tbsp coconut oil that your reserved in step 3 and lightly coat the inside of the muffin tin or pan.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the muffin tin/pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes until they turn golden brown. Trick: stick a toothpick/knife through the centre and the batter shouldn’t stick as you pull it out.
- Let the muffins cool for around 15-20 minutes in the pan before flipping over to release muffins.
Premier Formulas is an online store aimed at providing customers with access to high quality vitamins and supplements. Founded by a naturopathic doctor and a yoga instructor/author, they are committed to helping people find a healthy lifestyle, at the same time as delivering the best possible customer service.