People have seen tea and coffee as the staple beverage for centuries. But with changing times, there have been new and better beverages that have been introduced to our routines. These changes are a result of people shifting towards healthier options. Chamomile tea has emerged as a better option over the general tea considering the way it nourishes and detoxifies our body. If you’re thinking what this all praised Chamomile tea is, read further for a quick crash course that will turn you into a chamomile tea expert within just a few minutes.
So, what is this Chamomile tea?
Chamomile tea is not something new, it has been used by mankind since ages because of its medicinal properties. This tea is actually a herb belonging to the Asteraceae family and looks similar to the daisy flower. Devoid of any caffeine, this is a healthy alternative to tea and coffee and is loaded with nutrients that help the body in numerous ways.
The flowers of this herb are dried and then infused in hot water to make tea which is a fairly simple procedure.
What is the hype about Chamomile tea and how is it actually helpful?
- This tea is actually very helpful and all the hype that it has created is for all the correct reasons.
- Chamomile tea has no caffeine which already gives it an upper hand to all other generic beverages.
- It lowers the risk of a person developing any kind of heart disease or cancer. Though this does not guarantee that one will not develop such diseases, it significantly lowers the probability.
- It has zero caffeine, so it does not take your sleep away and has also shown signs to reduce insomnia in people. People who suffer from insomnia, have really gained from this and it has made their life better.
- Chamomile tea also exhibits anti-inflammatory properties which help in healthy digestion. It helps people suffering from Diarrhea curb the damage. Studies have also shown that chamomile tea helps reduce acidity and brings back the natural pH of our digestive system.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of this tea also help patients suffering from high blood sugar levels. It does this by reversing the damage done to the pancreas, which boosts insulin production and brings down the blood sugar levels.
- Loaded with anti-oxidants this tea helps you control your blood pressure. A controlled blood pressure results in a healthy heart and decreases the risks of heart attacks.
- Acne reduction, anti aging properties and skin lighting. It also acts as a pain reliever and helps people suffering from toothache. It boosts immunity and prevents cold. It also reverses sunburns and reduces dark circles.
Is this tea all goodness?
Just like the moon has dark spots, this tea comes along with a few cons or rather precautionary measures. Turns out few people might be allergic towards this tea, especially the people who are allergic to marigolds and chrysanthemums.
People taking anticoagulants should not drink this as it might result in internal bleeding and worsen the condition.
Get this tea from a trusted source and make sure the flowers are not processed chemically in any manner. Processed chamomile tea does not provide as good results as natural ones. It must be stored in an airtight jar away from sunlight and must be kept dry for long term use and retaining freshness.
This is a magic herb which helps your body heal and detoxify. It is a very great alternative you can choose rather than opting for the generic options of tea and coffee.