Tran’s Martial Arts has five locations in Colorado. What has become a successful movement started in a small garage by the Tran family. Moving over to the US after the Vietnam war, Master Tran shares his inspirational story of grit, determination, and passion in living his dream.
One of five siblings raised by a single father, Master Tran finished a landscape architecture degree in College and was set to pursue a career in that field. He was persuaded by his older brother Hai to start a martial arts school. Decades later, the Tran family has transformed thousands of lives through the vehicle of martial arts.
[ft_video ratio=”16:9″ url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spw_EkeoHgU”]
Key Take-Aways from the interview:
- Change your BS- your belief systems. Overcome those negative voices that constantly tell you what you cannot do.
- Smash your FUD’s- your fears, uncertainly, and doubts.
- Surround yourself with people that will encourage you toward your dream. You will become the average of the 5 people you spend most of your time with.
- Find people that will not just pat you on the back, but kick you in the butt.
- Work on your business, not in your business. Learn to delegate and trust others.
- Work on yourself. People will follow those they truly believe in.
- You don’t need to jump straight into the deep end. Start on the side and create momentum first.
Who has been the greatest influence on your life?
My father. Raising five children by himself and instilling a strong sense of family.
What kind of a legacy do you want to leave behind?
Leaving behind footsteps that empower others. Pointing people to Christ through helping them find their passion and purpose.
What is your definition of success?
Standing before God and hearing him say, “Well done my good and faithful servant.” My definition of success is not an earthly one but a heavenly one.
Always live your life with faith, passion, and purpose.
Connect with Master Tran: