Show Notes & Highlights!
Nhan Nguyen is the Founder and CEO of Radiant Light, a business management consulting company. Get inspired as he shares how he was able to break away from the degree that he graduated from in University to becoming an Entrepreneur.
- Nhan received his degree in Bio-medical Engineering but after entering into the workplace, he realized that he was not doing what he was passionate about. However, while he was still working at the undesired job, he identified areas that he was passionate about and explored ways to pursue his Entrepreneurial dreams.
- Within another division of his workplace he identified a specific problem for which he could provide a solution and then in his own time worked on putting together an automation system to improve order entries. This was a major step in going from Wantrepreneur to Entrepreneur.
- Look for areas and skills that you have that are transferable to different fields. Critical thinking and problem solving that Nhan learned in his degree was used to start his business.
- There is great value in looking at where you are at and looking for opportunities, listening to what people are complaining about and capitalizing on those problem solving opportunities.
What is the greatest thing about being an Entrepreneur?
- The flexibility it creates both professionally and personally. To choose to travel less and spend more time with my family and achildren
- You get out what you put in. You are in control- this means that you are ultimately responsible for failures, but more importantly for successes.
What are 3 things to keep in mind when during the Wantrepreneur to Entrepreneur Journey?
- You really just need to get out there and just do it! Having fear is normal. Recognize that and step beyond them.
- Look for areas and aspects that interest you both where you are stuck in and where you may want to head.
- Look for key relationships that you already have and leverage them to connect with more relationships.
- You will come to a point on your Journey where you will be given two options: to deviate from your destination or to stay the course. Nhan was offered many other great job opportunities but kept returning to that deep convictions in his heart regarding why he started his company and that he could not deviate from the goal.
- People are attracted to problem solvers. Radiant Light was built around this truth, that if you bring light into a dark place, you cannot help but to be attractive.
- From Good to Great – Jim Collins
- 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership – John C. Maxwell
- The Bible
Epic Question: Your son or daughter goes through university and finishes their degree, they enter into the workplace for a few years only to find that they absolutely hate what they are doing. They have $5000 saved up. They come to you and tell you that they have quite their job and they want to be an Entrepreneur. What do you tell them?
- Do not be discouraged, through hard work and the desire to be better than you are right now, you have it i you to build a successful business and career. If you have enough passion and drive, it is absolutely possible.
- Look at where you are right now, look at your relationships, what problems can you identify and how can you be a problem solver. Can you turn that problem solving into a business?
- Use the money to gain knowledge: online training, books. Acquire knowledge.
Get in touch with Nhan Nguyen and Radiant Light:
Thanks for watching…stay tuned for the next interview!
One Reply to “Interview: Your Degree Does Not Determine Your Destiny, You Do! Nhan Nguyen|CEO Radiant Light.”
Comments are closed.