Mr. An Nguyen came to the US in 1993 from Vietnam. He graduated with an engineering degree but found that the available career options did not fit his lifestyle. He went back to school to get an MBA and opened up a chain of Vietnamese restaurants which grew to 9 locations. Again, he found that his lifestyle was being dictated by his work and not the other way around. An stepped back from the restaurant industry and got involved in a worldwide company Nu Skin which specialises in health care products. Through Nu Skin, An has been able to live the life that he desires– being involved in a business that allows him to make a difference in people’s lives.
- An’s personal and business achievements came through giving everything 110%, working longer and harder than anyone else.
- People are too comfortable with being uncomfortable. People stay in situations that are detrimental to them because it’s what they’re used to.
- Try to fail falling forward. You’ll eventually get there. Learn from your mistakes, look at ways you can adjust.
- “I had to empty my cup.” Starting a new venture is not easy, it requires setting your ego aside and having a willingness to learn and be teachable.
3 Keys For Success:
1) Have a big enough “Why” 2) Set specific goals 3) Make the commitment. Push through the obstacles when they arise.
Greatest influence in your life?
My mother who worked hard all her life. She told me to do your best and God will take care of the rest. So when I wake up in the morning I ask myself, have I done my best? When I get ready for bed, I ask myself, have I done my best? And I know if I have done my best, God will surely take care of the rest.
What impact or legacy are you wanting to leave through your work?
Changing Vietnamese immigrants approach to life and business. Not only working hard but working smart. We work so hard that you have no time for family. I want to bring people away from that environment and see their life change as a result.
What is your definition of success?
Success for me is not measured by how much money I make but how much influence I have on people. If you can help someone else change that is success for me. I go to work excited because I have an opportunity to change someone’s life.
The world has unlimited resources and you can achieve whatever you desire. Make a decision to pursue it, put the blinders on, just go forward without thinking and without hesitating. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes because mistakes will help you grow.
Connect with An Nguyen:
Website: Nu Skin